Saturday, May 29, 2010

Life Gets You Down...

This has been a terrible year for me and my pets...I feel really negelctful. First my Iguana and both corn snakes die because they were under the care of my friend in Bend- because I was staying with my family and my mother refuses to allow reptiles in her house. I'm not honestly sure of the cause of death on those, although I'd guess the standard high mortality rate that goes with young reptiles (particularly snakes and farmed iguanas). Furthermore, today my savannah monitor, a recent acquisition, died horribly....busted the lock on her cage to escape. My apartment I'm staying in is on the 15th floor, and all there is for an "outdoors" is my balcony. I leave the door to the balcony cracked open so the cat can reach its litter box out there. So...basically the Sav escaped her cage, got outside (which I didn't think it would do, because it's nearly 30 degrees here at night), and fell off....15 floors to the street below.

I feel terrible, and helpless, and like a bad pet owner....perhaps now isn't the right time to be keeping herps, given where I am in life....

2 comments:

  1. Aww that sucks, better luck whenever you decide to keep anymore (or if you already are) reptiles

    ReplyDelete