Thursday, September 20, 2012

Breeding Plans

I've finally acquired a breeding pair of Corn Snakes (Pantherophis Guttatus Guttatus) to facilitate my long-term goal of breeding snakes. A running fascination of mine, I've long wanted to profit from my herpetoculture hobby, while at the same time doing something I love. Corn Snakes are a docile, easy-to-care-for species that are extremely common in the pet trade, so unfortunately the market is saturated with them. However, in my area (Southern Oregon) I have the unique situation of being on good terms with two pet shop owners, and being employed by one. I've already come to an agreement with each of them, offering a discounted price for sales of the hatchlings, which should allow me to profit considerably from the two specimens I currently own.

No comments:

Post a Comment