Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Current Crop

Hello all, it's been a while since I updated the list of my current reptiles, so I thought I'd take some time to do so.

Lizards- I currently own 5 lizards:

Nuzzle- Schneider's/Berber Skink (Eumeces Schneideri); purchased in February of 2009, approx. 2 years old

Scute- Mali Uromastyx (Uromastyx Maliensis); purchased March 2009, approx. 1 year old

Sola- Bearded Dragon (presumably Pogona Vitticeps); purchased September 2009, born Easter '09, so just under a year old.

Rigel- El Salvador Green Iguana (Iguana Iguana); purchased December 2009, approx. 9 months old.

Basil- Savannah Monitor (Varanus Exanthematicus); adopted March 27, 2010, unknown age, length 2.5 feet approx. Best guess is 1-2 years old.

Snakes- I currently own 2 snakes:

Oro- Corn Snake (Elaphe Guttata); Anerythristic morph, Purchased October 2009, approx. 10 months old

Sylph- Corn Snake (Elaphe Guttata); Snow morph; Purchased February 2010, approx 10 months old

On the Horizon- I plan on acquiring a few more reptiles in the near future, both for breeding purposes and as pets:

American Alligator (Alligator Mississippiensis); I'm hoping for a hatchling or yearling, which I will name "Sovereign," though I have no intention of breeding it, as they're pretty cheap and easy to find online already. This one's planned for waaaaaay down the road, however, once I've set up shop permanently somewhere and have the space, money, and time necessary to care for it.

Crested Geckos (Rhacodactylus Ciliatus); I'm going to acquire three or four of these cute lil' buggers in order to breed them, so I can begin my breeding business in earnest. Not sure what I'll name my breeders...

New Caledonian Giant Geckos (Rhacodactylus Leachianus); I love leachies, I want to find a good two or three of them at $300 each (the cheapest I've ever seen them) and raise them to adulthood for breeding and profit.

Rubber Boa (Charina Bottae); I really like this particular family of boid snakes, such as the Rosy Boa and Kenyan Sand Boa. Rubber Boas haven't really made it onto the mainstream market or breeding operations yet, so I intend to help begin that trend. I need to acquire a few captive bred ones or catch a few in the wild.


Well, there you have it. My current assortment of animals, as well as a few of my plans for the future. I hope to have my breeding operations underway by the end of the year (hopefully even sooner), and will keep everyone informed and updated as always.

1 comment:

  1. I always replied to this blog post and its been a long time since I came into knowledge of this blog. One of my friend’s suggestion worked for me and I am still regular to read every post of this blog.เห็ด หลิน จื อ แดง ราคา เท่า ไหร่

    ReplyDelete